Download and Use Agreement
Disclaimer of Accuracy and Warranty, and Distribution Liability
The New York Natural Heritage Program provides NYPAD data “as is” without any representation or warranty, either expressed or implied, without limitation, including as to the currentness, completeness, accuracy, or reliability of any specific data. While a good faith effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the data contained in NYPAD, the New York Natural Heritage Program makes no guarantee concerning the data’s accuracy, and is not responsible for errors or omissions in the data. The accuracy of NYPAD data varies by data source, and any specific data are no more accurate than the original sources from which they were derived. Data contained in NYPAD come from a variety of sources and may not align perfectly when overlaid with other spatial data. The New York Natural Heritage Program may update or change NYPAD data at any time without notice; however, NY Natural Heritage shall not be obligated, nor makes any commitment, to provide updates, additions, or corrections to the data in the future.
NYPAD data are intended for informational purposes only. NYPAD data are neither intended nor suitable for navigational, engineering, surveying, regulatory or legal purposes or determinations. The New York Natural Heritage Program makes no representation or warranty, either expressed or implied, regarding the fitness or suitability of the data for any particular purpose, nor does the act of distribution of the data to the public constitute any such representation or warranty. Users using NYPAD data do so at their own risk. In no event shall the New York Natural Heritage Program be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, or for damages or loss of any kind, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of data contained in NYPAD or of any products derived from NYPAD data, under any theory of liability used. This disclaimer applies both to individual use of the data and aggregate use with other data.
Inclusion of a real property parcel in NYPAD does not imply any right or permission to the user to access or enter that parcel, nor permission to enter posted property without the permission of the landowner, nor any exemption from any rules and conditions for visiting any given public or private protected land.
The New York Natural Heritage Program hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to NYPAD data, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantibility, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
It is strongly recommended that these data be obtained directly by download from www.nypad.org, and not indirectly through other sources that may have altered the data in some way.
• Downloading NYPAD data signifies acceptance of the data "as is", and understanding and acceptance of the above disclaimer.
• Metadata is an integral part of NYPAD; the user will refer to the metadata before and during use of the database.
• The user is responsible for using the data appropriately and consistent within the limitations of geospatial data in general and these data in particular; and for using the data only for informational purposes, and not for navigational, engineering, surveying, regulatory or legal uses or determinations.
• The user will exercise good judgment when acting on information contained in NYPAD.
• The user will respect the rights of private landowners, will not enter any posted property without the permission of the landowner, and will follow all rules and conditions for visiting any given public or private protected land.
• The user will not distribute the spatial data files (geodatabase or shapefiles) to other parties. Instead, the user will refer others to www.nypad.org to download the data files directly.
• The user will only distribute or display information derived from NYPAD at scales or resolution consistent with those that are specified in the metadata.
• Credit will be give to the New York Natural Heritage Program, New York Protected Areas Database on any products, such as maps or reports, derived from NYPAD data.
• The data contained in NYPAD is dynamic and will change over time and between versions. Therefore, the user will refresh its copy of NYPAD data at least once a year after initial download.
To Download NYPAD Please fill in the information below, this information will be used to better understand who is using NYPAD and to allow us to contact users when updates are made.
By clicking "Agree" you indicate that you accept the terms of this agreement.